Sunday, May 30, 2010

Disturbing patterns

I mentioned earlier that some of my fears are irrational. Others, however, have a perfectly logical basis in fact and reasonable conjecture. One of these is driving on the freeway with Jonathan. Actually, I wasn't afraid of this until yesterday, and it wasn't anything he did that changed my mind. It was the number of skid marks all over the freeway. Approximately every five seconds, we came up on another pair. Sometimes they stayed in their lane, but more often they went off the side of the road. Some of the more adventurous/frightening ones sent up twelve inches on the barrier in the middle of the road, swiveled around in a serpentine pattern, or ended abruptly at the dropoff.

So there you have it. I have a new fear. At least this one makes sense.

3 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I laughed when seeing the skid marks drive up and over the freeway divider?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I didn't realize so many people texted in California (assuming texting is the cause of the tire marks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awful. Period. I have a new fear now, too.

    ReplyDelete