Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I am not on drugs

So I'm pretty sure my summer employer, Goldman Sachs, thinks I am a druggie or at least a recreational drug user. To work there, I needed to take a drug test. They asked me to do so "as soon as possible." This was at the beginning of March. It turns out it was impossible for me to take it before this past Monday.

I didn't really have access to a car, I had class (as in school, not as in social graces) and work every day, and the nearest testing facility was in Murray, 40 miles away. After I had car privileges, I was on my honeymoon. Then I lost the packet of materials I needed and had to have them overnighted to me. (I actually did end up finding the "lost" paperwork last Saturday. Oops.)

So, while I really did have legitimate reasons, I think GS thinks I was just waiting for my system to clear out. Embarrassing? Check. Story of my life? Check.

3 comments:

  1. You are stealing my check lines. But I guess we share everything now. Including urine samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given you a sample. Just say the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Camilla. She needs a clean sample.

    ReplyDelete