Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Productive

Yesterday the power went off over a large-ish chunk of Provo. Our apartment was included in that chunk. You would be surprised how dark it gets in a basement apartment when the power is off. That left me with two options--sitting in the dark with no internet or electricity, or going outside. I chose the former. Just kidding, I chose the latter.

I walked over to the Social Security office to officially change my last name. The people there were kind of sketchy. There was one guy who was pretty scary. Every visible inch of his arms was covered in tattoos. His fingers said 2054 HILL (one digit/letter on each finger). He had three teardrops tattooed by his eye. And he kept looking at me.

Another lady was yelling at the Social Security people about changing her name. Apparently she didn't have the correct paperwork, but she needed it changed. "That person is not me! I've been married three times since that! Now I'm divorced and I need to change my name again!" There were pregnant ladies yelling at their children and loud old people on the phone insisting that whatever the other conversational party was doing was illegal.

After that, I went to the store, then came back home. By that time the power was back on, so I was able to return to my regularly scheduled life. Actually, I made soup for dinner, then went to work, got hit over the head with a mop, and came home again. It was a pretty decent day, all things considered. Unless that's the head injury talking.

2 comments:

  1. Don't let head injuries ruin your life. Call a lawyer today!

    Lawyers can "solve" all your "problems" remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day. Now I'm jealous--I want to get hit over the head with a mop!

    ReplyDelete