Sunday, April 18, 2010

Irrational

Lemony Snicket wrote something along the lines of "There are two kinds of fears: rational and irrational." Most of my personal fears are of the latter variety. I think my fear of driving is fairly rational--somebody could die if I make a mistake. Similarly, I consider my feelings towards germs a healthy respect.

On the other hand, I think my fear of needles and doctors is irrational. I can't justify it with a traumatic childhood experience or say that there is any good or even decent excuse for it.

However, my very most irrational fear is probably of balloons. I like balloons, as long as they stay safely away from me and nobody touches them. I absolutely hate it when people touch or threaten to pop or (heaven forbid) actually pop balloons. I have no explanation, just a ridiculous terror that not even my fiance will respect.

4 comments:

  1. Give me the money or the balloon gets it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YZtJdaN_l4

    I understand. Balloons suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I feel...confused. I want to like it, but it's so disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The viedo was funny despite the terrible nerdy acting.

    ReplyDelete