Friday, April 2, 2010

Insanity

It has been said over and over again that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. People like to say this when they are trying to dissuade their friends from doing the same thing over and over. The first set of people tends to ignore that no matter how many times they quote this axiom to their friends, their friends never change their behavior. In other words, they keep expecting different results from repeating the same phrase. But I digress.

When I am using my laptop on campus, I usually do not have access to my charger. Therefore, it is vitally important to me that the battery last as long as possible. So, when I get to campus, I typically take the following steps:

1. Turn the brightness way, way down.
2. Close all programs that I'm not actually using.
3. Set the performance mode to "Power Saver."

My computer has an icon that tells me what percentage of my battery I have left and how much time that corresponds to. Turning the brightness down increases time, as does closing extra programs. However, every time I turn the performance mode to Power Saver, I lose about five to ten minutes of time. You would think I would stop using Power Saver mode, as it definitely does reduce the performance of the computer. You would be wrong. Maybe I'm insane.

2 comments:

  1. Pssh. Anybody who's anybody is insane these days. It's very 'in'. Who needs normal when insane exists? I say, rock on, Rachel. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times do I have to tell you?

    ReplyDelete