Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Uncomfortable

I don't handle other people's problems very well. When people tell me about the horrible things that have happened/are happening to them, I just don't know how to respond. Like this week one of my friends told me she probably has epilepsy and another (violin performance major) told me she has carpal tunnel. Sometimes "Sorry to hear that" or "can I do anything for you?" just doesn't cut it, but I don't know what else to say. So I end up coming off cold and heartless, which is not how I feel. :(

2 comments:

  1. Your problem is that you're too non-heartless. If you truly were heartless, you'd laugh at them.

    Unless you really did feel bad for them, and were just helping them cope by using humor.

    And the best part is, you can be heartless and still make them feel better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they had any heart at all they would keep their ills to themselves. I have an ulcer BTW.

    ReplyDelete