Friday, May 22, 2009

Dreams and Goals

Usually my goals are completely unrelated to my dreams. This is because usually my dreams are horribly disturbing and completely unrealistic. Finding myself the last survivor of all-out biological warfare or stuck in the middle of pitched battle, while definitely not what I want to do, are not the kind of things I need to make a goal about. The other night, though, I had a dream that actually led to a goal. In this dream, I had been kidnapped by a homicidal maniac. I had already tried several ways of escaping, but none succeeded. My kidnapper told me that if I tried to escape again he would kill me. Then one of my friends sneaked into the house where I was being held and told me to run. I decided to try it, so I ran out of the house, but the kidnapper chased me. I was running as fast as I could, but I got tired and slowed down and he caught up with me. He was going to kill me, and then I woke up.
The upshot of this is that I'm going to take up running so I can run away from all the homicidal maniacs Provo is so well-known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment