Sunday, May 3, 2009

Near Death Experience

I feel like a cheater for blogging this because I already told half or more of my blog's readership, but I didn't tell Emma, so here we go.
I had a near-death experience as I was coming to Salt Lake on Friday. This is because my bus driver was somewhat insane. (Aside: I am very grateful for bus drivers.) This particular bus driver was not a very good driver and seemed to have road rage issues. The first indication of this was when I was getting on the bus, and instead of pulling over to the side, he just stopped in the middle of the street.
As we drove on the freeway, he kept swerving around, which was frightening because buses were not built to swerve. The road rage issues also came into play here. He did not like it when other people were speeding, apparently. So, he kept abruptly slowing down, I guess to throw off tailgaters. I was thinking, "Oh, great. I'm not even wearing a seatbelt and I'm going to die! My family will hear about this on the news. I wonder who will tell my roommates? I'll never even be 20!"
This was bad enough, but I became even more frightened and started praying really sincerely when I looked up. The bus driver was reading a book, while he drove. Yes, you read that right. He was reading a book and driving at the same time. The book was spread open on top of the steering wheel. He would look at it, glance up, look back down, repeat.
So, if you never hear from me again after tomorrow, I probably had the same bus driver and he did get in an accident this time. I'll miss you all.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh.

    I literally don't even know what to think about that!!!!!

    Reading. And driving. Dude, that is a whole new level of crazy. I am so glad that you will, in fact, make it to 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I heard you almost were in a crash with a pedestrian today...your problem is you live life too much on the edge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live life on the edge because I'm a crazy teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, now your just an irresponsible young adult ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you report him to UTA??

    BTW, this is Sarah, as in Emma's sister. :)

    ReplyDelete