Monday, May 18, 2009

The dangers of Facebook

I read an article today about the threats inherent in facebook. Apparently Israeli security forces have determined that extremist Arab groups are using facebook and other social networking sites to recruit people to their cause and find spies. They (the Israeli security forces) have issued a warning to Israelis not to answer unsolicited requests for phone numbers or other personal information. My first thought when I read this was, Really? Extremist Arab groups use Facebook? My second thought was, Doesn't common sense tell people not to give your personal information to people you don't know? And if you are that kind of person, do you have enough common sense to listen to security warnings?

3 comments:

  1. You mean... you mean that Akhmed might not want my number so he can put it on the save the whales list? Well, at least he's still very helpful - he's going to let me keep $1000 just for cashing a check for him! He's sending me a check for $11,000, and I just need to cash it and send $10,000 back. Mr. Akhmed's so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akhmed became a fan of "Death to all Infidels!"
    Akhmed wrote on your wall: "Silence! I keel you!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are racists. Muslim terrorists are people too in their own way. They just want to a little human contact.

    ReplyDelete