Friday, June 26, 2009

The endless PIN cycle

Earlier I talked about my non-PIN knowing vicious cycle, which was effectively preventing me from accessing my bank account or anything related to it. I went down to the physical bank, talked to a physical person, reset my PIN to something I couldn't forget, and everything was good.
Or was it?
Today I called my bank because I need to be able to use my debit and credit cards while I'm in Wales. They asked if I was having trouble with my PIN. I said no, I had some trouble earlier, but it's all smoothed over now. They said, "Great. We just need to get things cleared up on our end."
And apparently reset my PIN to something else, because my new PIN, which I know I remember because I used it to make the phone call ('To verify your identity, enter your account number. And the last four digits of your SSN. And your PIN. And give us your first-born child. And an arm and a leg.'), no longer works. Mark one up for technology. I'm losing the battle, but I will win this war.

On an unrelated note, if I had declared war on punctuation, I would totally win. You will notice I have 4 punctuation marks all in a row. It looks wrong, but I don't really care at this point.
Rachel: 1
Punctuation: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment