Saturday, June 6, 2009

Now you see me...

I was in Salt Lake this weekend. I came up last night for Julia's birthday. Unfortunately, due to my schedule and the bus schedule, I didn't get home until about 7:00. I came home and saw Julia and Josh for about five minutes, and then they both left, as did my parents.
So, I got to talk to John and Kristina for a while, and then my parents came home. My dad helped me figure out some things about my study abroad. I think he's almost as excited as I am, which is a good thing for me. I had planned on taking a cab or walking from the airport to my hotel. I figured England is a small island, so London couldn't be that big of a city. Wrong. Its population is more than double Utah's, and my hotel is 50 miles away from the airport. So, my new goal is to figure out London's bus system so I can get to my hotel without paying 70 pounds for a cab or walking 50 miles.
This morning I had my dad's waffles, which are delicious, and then went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. It was beautiful. Sorry to everybody I missed while I was in Salt Lake and to those I only saw for five minutes. Don't miss me too much, though--I'm coming home in a week and a half.

1 comment: