Sunday, June 21, 2009

Museum of Natural History

Josh and I went to the Utah Museum of Natural History yesterday. It was pretty awesome and makes a good activity. There were three exhibits I thought were especially awesome.
1. Fossils. Because how can you not like fossils? I have always liked mammoths and dinosaurs, and it was fun to see their skeletons. Also, there was a T. rex skull. It reminded me of Jurassic Park, and it was amazing.
2. Bugs. They have a bunch of live bugs crawling around in exhibits. There were diving beetles, velvet ants, which are fuzzy, some crazy huge spiders, and a 6 inch centipede. None (except maybe the diving beetles) were the kind of thing I would like to meet in the wild, but it was fun to see them.
3. Frogs. They have all kinds of frogs and toads--poison dart frogs, red-eyed tree frogs, tomato frogs, strawberry frogs, bullfrogs, and more. I happen to really like frogs, and it was cool to see them.
If you get a chance, you should visit the museum if you have a few free hours. U of U students get in for free, but otherwise you'll have to pay for it. It's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. So I can either sell my soul to the devil for free admittance or go to the Lord's University and pay to get? What a choice. How much did you say it costs?

    ReplyDelete