Saturday, June 20, 2009

Determination

People in my family have determination. They are learning songs on the piano, and they are learning to play them well. Apparently my parents bought some really cool music books--Phantom of the Opera, Peanuts, Disney hits. I have learned that I lack determination. I would much rather play through a song once or twice and say, "Good enough!" and move on to the next song than learn one really well. I am a throwback to the days before people realized the benefits of specialization and were jacks of all trades, master of none.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like me. I do well at Jeopardy but don't know enough about any one thing to do anything with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! this post is talking about me! at least I assume it is, because I was the only one last June learning to play Phantom of the Opera and Disney. dang I feel special

    (me, creeping on your old posts? never!)

    ReplyDelete