Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Surprise

I promised Jonathan I would write a blog post today. For some reason when he is falling asleep and/or under the influence of (legal) drugs, it becomes vitally important that I write something.

On the other hand, I don't really have anything to say. So I am going to tell you all some things you (probably) didn't know about me.

1) Every time I eat something with sugar in it, I get a really sour taste in my mouth afterward. I think this explains a lot about my eating preferences. The pleasure of the sweetness has to outweigh the displeasure of the sourness. I've never liked fruit very much because the mild sweetness is easily outweighed by the hours of sourness. Chocolate has an especially sour aftertaste, so I don't like it as much as some other people. I love mints because the minty taste overpowers the sour flavor.

2) When I drink through straws, I always clamp the straw between my teeth and drink one or two drops at a time. I am always vaguely ashamed when the waiter or waitress comes to refill my drink and the straw is mangled, but I do it anyway.

3) Every time I fill out a word verification so I can leave a comment on someone else's blog, I get a little excited. I always hope that it will be either a real word (good) or almost a real word (better) or a word verification I've had before (best). My computer remembers things I've entered into fields. When I've typed scyk and there still are two words hovering waiting for me to choose them, it makes me happy Then I type o and they go away. But one day I will get a duplicate. And I will be happy.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like these things should have been disclosed before the wedding.

    ReplyDelete