Thursday, August 19, 2010

Exercises in Futility

Ever since I was 17, Capital One has been sending me credit card applications and urging me to apply. "We have good policies!" "It would be wise to choose us!" "What's in your wallet?" "Please, please, please, please!" These applications came roughly every six weeks.

Recently I've been thinking about closing my Wells Fargo bank account, but I have a credit card with them, and I don't want to lose that. So I decided to finally apply for a Capital One card. I waited for the next application they sent me (not a long wait) and filled it out.

Two days later, I got a letter from them. They declined my application, citing my "insufficient credit history". Which kind of begs the question, are there a lot of 17-year-olds with sufficient credit history?

4 comments:

  1. I have been commanded to comment, but I have nothing to say. what do I know about credit? nothing! this is why I'll always have insufficient credit history. I'll die broke. either that or credit cards will actually turn out to be an evil plot and everyone with them will go broke, and I'll be one of the few people with money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh. Capitol One actually charges a yearly fee anyways - go find a different card. You don't fly a lot anyways, so Capitol One doesn't make sense for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capitol One is only for vikings anyway.

    ReplyDelete