Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Actual Facebook conversation

I was skimming through facebook this afternoon when I saw the following conversation (names have been changed to protect the innocent, the strange, and me [just in case any of these people reads my blog]).

Sarah: I had a dream my life would be so different from this way I'm living, so different now than what it seems. Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.
Caroline: are you an emo?
Sarah: first, who are you? second, it's broadway, Les Miserables.
Julie: It was awesome seeing you on the bus this morning! And p.s. I LOVE Les Miserables :)
Sarah: it was awesome seeing you too! we should hang out soon or something k?
Caroline: yeah, sounds good, when should we hangout?
Sarah: seriously kid who are you?

I have several thoughts about this exchange. One is that I want to post vaguely creeper-ish things on my facebook acquaintances' walls. It could be quietly amusing. Another is that I want to react that way the next time a friend comments on one of my posts. The problem with this is that if said friend was not in the loop, it could hurt their feelings. Thought three is that I want to post something on Caroline's wall. Also, I'm going to start calling people "kid".

So many options, so little time...

2 comments:

  1. I would say you could call me "kid" and pretend you don't know me, but as we have the same last name, it might not work out too well

    ReplyDelete