Friday, February 5, 2010

Paralyzed by options

So, I've heard back from two of the companies where I applied for internships this summer. One of them was not terribly encouraging. They said they have offered the job to two other people, but if one of them refuses, I will get it. However, they also told me not to hold my breath. "If you have another opportunity for the summer, I would encourage you to not wait for us. However, there is an outside possibility that it could be available to you."
The other news I received was slightly more encouraging. They want to interview me. They encouraged me to set up my interview on one of the following dates: 2/9, 2/9, 2/9, or 2/9. After carefully considering my options, I have decided that the date that will work best for me is 2/9. So I have an interview, and hopefully will have an internship.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel! I found your blog through Boopie's (hope you don't mind). Anyway, good luck at your interview! Knock 'em dead, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure this is not a test?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy: No problem at all. Thanks!

    Jonathan: I always think everything could be a test. That's why I'm still alive.

    John: No, it was a company I had never heard of before I applied called Epis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But...but...what about Arizona? I was looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I get the internship in Arizona, that is still what I would like to do. But it's always good to have a backup plan.

    ReplyDelete