Sunday, September 20, 2009

Procrastination

Sometimes we need to do unpleasant things, and sometimes we need to do things that are not necessarily unpleasant, but are still not appealing. For example, tomorrow I need to give a talk in Sacrament meeting. This is very unappealing to me. It becomes more unappealing because I have yet to write my talk, and can't think of how to word things, sequence them, or even enough material. So, I am putting it off. I am fully aware that the longer I leave the talk, the less appealing it will be, but somehow I just can't quite get myself to buckle down and go to work. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I had been asleep for about 3 and a half hours when you wrote this. And I got a beautiful 9 and a half hours of sleep last night, more than I've gotten since school started.

    Just to make you a wee bit jealous.

    Hope your talk and lesson went well!

    ReplyDelete