Friday, September 4, 2009

Oreo

Today I overheard an interesting conversation. I was sitting in the office of Dr. Solen, the professor I TA for. Dr. Solen is an amazing man. He has been teaching at BYU for years, has written several textbooks and taught several of the other professors. I overheard him talking with one of the secretaries. The secretary said, "Would you like an Oreo?" Dr. Solen said, "Yes, I never turn down free food."
My world was kind of rocked--I know students never turn down free food, but Dr. Solen? Eating free Oreos because they're free? Consider me flabbergasted.

4 comments:

  1. hehe - the comment verification for that comment was 'boyme'. Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I'd never considered that professors go around scrounging for free food. Especially such very distinguished professors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're college students too...in a way...

    ReplyDelete