Wednesday, August 26, 2009

There's no place like home...

I am officially back in the United States. This is good news, in a way. For one thing, the dollar is a much nicer currency to have prices in than the pound. I love seeing people who have been thousands of miles away for the entire summer. School starts in less than a week, so I should probably be here. I actually have two jobs lined up for the semester, so I shouldn't starve. These are all good things.
On the other hand, at around 7 or 8 in the evening, I start to feel like death warmed over. Last night at around 8:30 my brother was bringing up my belongings from the basement so I can move them down to Provo today. He asked me to help. I said I would help in the morning. Intellectually, I understood that I should probably go contribute. Physically, it felt like 3:30 in the morning, and there was no way I was going to go start hauling things around. Then I wake up early in the morning. Waking up early is fine, when you have something going on. I have nothing to do. So I wake up before 7 and have nothing left to do by 11. If any of you have free time and would like to hang out, I'm going a bit crazy and would love to do something.

2 comments:

  1. It goes away pretty fast. Remember how I was getting up at 5:30 every morning for the first week or so I was home? Yeah.
    I recommend you do what I did - just go jogging when you get up. Kills some time, good for you...
    Or, if you're around tomorrow, and won't go off and be inaccessible, maybe I'll hang out. Depends on how much homework I'll have. And if you'll be there.

    But really, you get used to the time here again pretty fast.

    And after all, what else is Red Bull for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are bored I will hang out with you.

    ReplyDelete