Friday, August 28, 2009

Subconscious

Sometimes I wonder about myself. These moments of introspection mostly occur just after I properly wake up and realize what I dreamed about or, in more interesting circumstances, did while I was asleep. Apparently my subconscious self is somebody I would not like to meet.
A couple of weeks ago, my friends and I were at one of the houses in Wales. We were all sleeping except for one of my housemates. When she said she was going back to our house, I asked her to wait for half an hour and then I would walk back with her. So she waited for half an hour. The next morning, I realized what a ridiculous and jerk-like request that was.
Last night, I was asleep on the couch and John was trying to talk to me. I was trying to give the impression that I was coherent, although I'm not sure how well that turned out (badly, probably). At some point, I must have fallen completely asleep, and he thought it would be funny to poke me with something he had made from magnets and rods. Apparently my subconscious is not only a jerk, it's also violent. I woke up to find that I had smacked his spaceship and broken it apart. Oops.
Anyway, if you're ever around while I'm asleep, be afraid. Be very afraid.

3 comments:

  1. Pssh. I think that everybody's subconcious is violent - it's just part of human nature. After all, do we not define ourselves by our struggles?

    Maybe I'm just justifying myself - I've swung at people who wake me up suddenly or even just startle me.

    PS. You don't happen to sleep with a knife, gun, grenade or anything similar under your pillow do you? Cause then I would be worried... although most likely about your concious mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on what comes under the category of "similar". I mean...um...no, not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes when you fall asleep, you punch me in the belly and call me a fat Mexican.

    ReplyDelete