Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprises

So, I moved into my new apartment, and finally got everything unpacked, or at least shoved into a convenient place from which it will never be unpacked. In the process of moving in and unpacking, I have received some interesting surprises.
First, the hot water heater is really, really good at heating up water.
Second, we have ants. All over the place. And they bite. But, it is easy to kill them by pouring hot water on them.
Third, the previous occupants are kind of strange. They are coming back in the fall, so they decided to leave a lot of their stuff here for storage, even though only one of them is paying rent. I probably shouldn't tell you stories about the kind of things they left. I will say only that I was mildly scandalized. Also, they didn't really clean very well before moving out, so tomorrow will be another cleaning day. Sigh. I thought I was done with serious cleaning. On the other hand, maybe my cleaning skills will improve and. . . OK, I can't really think of any advantages to having mad cleaning skills. But I'm sure there are some. Let me know if you think of any.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you move? And as for the ants, get glue traps. They work wonders. I am telling you, for real. And you know me, I know my bugs and how to kill them ;)

    P.S. Sorry you're scandalized. Although, I did get a little kick out of hearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved 50 feet. Let me tell you, it was way more trouble than you would think.
    The scandalizing things included a kissing chart. Yes, they have a chart that tells how many points you get for different kinds of kissing:
    1 point if you kiss a boy. 2 points if he kisses you back. 3 points for a genuine make-out.
    Etc. Then they had a chart with all their names and their scores, and they all had about 20 points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kissing chart thing has to be the most amazing thing ever. You have validated (once again) every prejudice I've ever had about BYU. Would you please take a picture of the kissing chart and bring it to Salt Lake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, please. You're the one with a 365 marriage in a year ward goal. I could take a picture of it, I guess.

    ReplyDelete