Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grateful

My last post was a bit whiny, so I thought I would balance it out with another post having some things for which I am grateful.
My computer is faster now than it was this morning. This is a big deal. I uninstalled a lot of programs that I don't really use and freed up about 10% of my computer's memory. The operating system and remaining programs still take up about 65-70% of the computer's memory, but it is a huge improvement. There is enough memory to run the internet, for example. Yay!
I found somebody to buy my stats book. This book is a paperback, about 500 pages long, but cost $110 used. I tried to sell it back to the bookstore, but they offered me $12, so I decided to try to find somebody else who would buy it for a more reasonable price (say $80-$90). And I found a buyer! Also, I found somebody who will sell me my econ textbook for $70 instead of the bookstore's $175. So, the buyer gets a cheaper price than the bookstore will give, and the seller gets more than 10% of the book's price. I love win-win situations.
The former occupants of my apartment left an awesome book by C. S. Lewis. I love C. S. Lewis. He is one of the most inspiring Christian writers ever. I hope to someday be half as insightful and amazing as he was. In the meantime, I will keep blogging and hopefully at least be mildly amusing.
Facebook offers a Welsh translation. My facebook is now in Welsh. This is seriously awesome. Of course, I don't really speak Welsh, so every time I click I am either guessing or trying to remember what the buttons said in English. I think I have already done some weird things, and will probably do more, but that's really not the point. The point is that my facebook is in Welsh.

2 comments:

  1. You are my favorite nerd ever. And I say nerd with a huge amount of respect. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you took my advice to clean up your computer's memory. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete