Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pinata

My friends and I made a pinata last night. He was made out of balloons covered with gooey newspaper, just like in second grade. Then we covered him with tissue paper, gave him a Bob Marley hat, and named him Ross. Usually you're supposed to let pinatas dry for days, but the guys I was with didn't want to wait. So they sent my roommate and me to get our hair dryers, and we blow-dried Ross. Then came the moment of truth: they thought Ross was dry, and decided to stick a needle in him to pop the balloon.
Ross was not dry. The balloon was still supporting the papier mache, and Ross imploded. Not about to let a little detail like that stop us, we stuffed him with candy anyway and duct-taped him back together, then broke it open with a golf club. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You guys are...special. By the way, are the Carson brothers still your family home evening brothers? (Or at least Tyler?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is officially the coolest thing I have ever heard. Did y'all not take pictures though?!!!

    Your life is infinitely cooler than mine.

    ReplyDelete