Sunday, July 31, 2011

Extreme Couponing

The other day I was at Wal-Mart buying a few necessities. Despite the fact that there were 30 lanes, only four were open. All the self-serve lanes were closed for maintenance and I had more than twenty items, so that left three lanes for me to choose between. Lanes one and two had extremely long lines. Lane three had only one person waiting, so I rushed over there, only to realize why nobody else had chosen to wait in that lane.

The only waiting person had a cart full of duplicate items. She also had one of those clear storage containers, which she had turned into a filing cabinet. There were folders labeled with different brands - Pillsbury, Kraft, Lysol, etc. Each of these seemed to be stuffed with coupons.

I decided to take my chances in one of the extremely long lines. It actually worked out pretty well for me; when I left I looked back and saw that she was still checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment