Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rachel in the Land of the Big Apple

So I flew out to New York today for some training for my job. The trip itself was OK. I had the option of buying three small turkey sandwiches for $8.50, or half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for $4.50, but for some reason I passed and made due with 45 calories worth of free pretzels. I had a middle seat (I hate sitting in the middle). One of my neighbors was asleep and kept leaning on me (awkward), and the other played really loud iPod music the whole time. I did not approve of his taste in music.

Once we arrived at the airport, I took a cab to my hotel. Or rather, I gave the address of my hotel to the cab driver and asked him to take me there. He dropped me off at the first hotel he saw, and I had to walk almost a mile to my actual hotel. I both felt and looked suave as I carried my two bags down the street, completely unsure of where I was going or how much farther it would be. So that was pretty awesome.

Now I'm hanging out in my hotel. I have a roommate, but I have yet to meet her. Tomorrow I have training starting at 7:30 am, which will feel like 5:30 to me. Plus it's an hour away! Huzzah.

3 comments:

  1. I see that the cabbies really do suck as much as people say they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my first day at the MTC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little Rachey is growing up! Going out into the world and having adventures!

    ReplyDelete