Friday, July 15, 2011

Further adventures of Rachel

It turns out last night I forgot to include some of my very exciting adventures.

Yesterday I had to go through the new security at the Salt Lake airport. Some lines just had metal detectors, but unfortunately for me, I was in one of the enhanced lines. After going through the body scan machine, the agent directed me to stand on a mat and wait. Then he started putting on rubber gloves. Needless to say, I was not pleased. Just as I was about to decide that travel, New York, and training are all completely overrated, he told me, "You can go." He unlatched the security gate and started talking on his walkie-talkie. "Copy female. The male is still here." The guy right in front of me did not look too happy.

The hotel where I'm staying is pretty decent. The people are quite friendly, there's a fridge, stove, and microwave, and they gave us cupcakes (red velvet, pop rock, and something sweet but unidentifiable) instead of just mints. There's also an abundance of alcohol available.

Pictured: rum, whiskey, whiskey, gin, vodka, beer, and wine.

Other adventures of mine have also related to food. Last night I ordered room service for dinner. When it arrived, the bill was a lot more than I expected, but I still filled out the tip sheet. Then I looked at the itemization on the receipt. They had already charged 18% gratuity. I hope the room service person didn't think I was too rude for crossing out the tip I had written in.

Today I had 11 hours of training. Halfway through, they provided lunch for us. I was pretty excited for my turkey and brie sandwich. It was a little disappointing, though: the sandwich consisted of bread, turkey, and brie. No condiments, no vegetables, no moisture.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, it makes me laugh that you crossed out your tip. They totally think you're a cheapskate now

    ReplyDelete