Monday, January 3, 2011

The Genre that Shouldn't Exist


The other day I was at Barnes and Noble when I found myself near this lovely sign. Since when does teen paranormal romance deserve an entire section of the bookstore? It's not really a legitimate genre. It seems a little too derivative for talented writers to aspire to, especially since I'm pretty sure we can all name the one series that kick-started all the others. Worst of all, even if there are some really great books in there, I can't ever read them because I simply couldn't live with myself if I shopped in the teen paranormal romance section. Bummer.

4 comments:

  1. You need to shop in the adult parnormal romance section

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's another section I don't think I'd feel comfortable frequenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that's the worst! but it makes me kinda want to go do something like go there with a bunch of friends and pretend to be all enthusiastic and excited over it, and see what looks we got

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you spray hairspray onto a waiting flame, it will create a torch of sorts. This is exactly the method we need to employ against this genre.

    ReplyDelete