Friday, December 31, 2010

The Gift of the Magi

A couple of months ago, Jon (my husband) and I spent an evening with Josh (my brother) and Camilla (one of my best friends and Josh's wife). While we were there, we talked about playing a game, but found ourselves stymied by the lack of available games. So we went to Walmart. On the way there, we tried to decide what to buy. Camilla mentioned The Newlywed Game. I said it sounded good to me.

Later, Jon and I were trying to decide what to get Josh and Camilla for Christmas. I suggested that we get Camilla The Newlywed Game because she had seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. So we went forth and bought it.

Meanwhile, Josh and Camilla were trying to decide what to get Jon and me for Christmas. Camilla suggested the Newlywed Game because I had seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. So they went forth and bought it.

It turns out neither of us really wanted it; we were just being supportive of each others' ideas. And neither of us kept the receipt. Hooray! Free (not really wanted) game!

1 comment: