Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Magic Bullet

So school started last Monday. This was exciting, but a little less so than it might otherwise have been. Both Jonathan and I were pretty sick, possibly due to our black mold problem. Anyway, I don't usually believe in treating symptoms, but I decided that I had to stop being unable to move if was to have any chance of academic success. So we went to the doctor.

He spent about three minutes, and prescribed a symptom-managing pill. In addition to treating nausea, vomiting, and respiratory ailments, it also is prescribed as a painkiller and mild sleeping pill. So I went from being ill to being sleepy, but it's a trade I was willing to make.

The side effects of this particular medicine were pretty awesome. First there was the standard warning that although it was intended to treat nausea and vomiting, it could also cause them. Then came the really good stuff. It may cause "an exaggerated sense of well-being." Fortunately (or not) I didn't experience any side effects. It would have been pretty cool, though.

1 comment: