Monday, October 26, 2009

Blog-sauce

The other day I was with my family in the car, and Josh called my younger sister Kristina lame-sauce. Kristina replied that she actually is a win-sauce. My parents overheard, and asked why they were adding "sauce" to the ends of their words. Kristina started trying to explain, but I could tell my parents didn't quite understand.
At this point, I could see two options. I could either join Kristina in trying to explain, or I could do my best to compound the confusion. I decided option #2 would be more entertaining, and that's what I did. Kristina said you can add "sauce" to any word. So I said, "Yeah, it's what all the young people-sauce say now." Kristina said she meant you could add it to adjectives. So I said, "Yeah, all the young-sauce people say it."
This back-and-forth continued for a while until my dad decided to get in on the joke too. For the rest of the drive, everything was "sauce." "It's foggy-sauce outside. . . . Now I'm hip-sauce for saying sauce." My dad is cool-sauce.

3 comments: