Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Success

My sister Kristina and I don't have middle names. People always ask what our middle names are, and we tell them we don't have any. One day we were joking and said that we should try to convince people that we do have middle names and that they're bizarre. We decided that her middle name would be Octavia and mine was something equally random which I don't remember. We tested out our "hidden" names on our very gullible cousin Kyle, who believed anything (one time we convinced him that he had a middle name he didn't know about. Five minutes later we convinced him that our family had another brother who we kept in the basement.) He believed us, and it was good.
Fast forward to a few days ago. Kristina put a survey on facebook where people are supposed to answer questions about her. One was "Take a stab at my middle name." All her friends were saying she didn't have one. I said, "Octavia. You didn't tell your friends?" Our brothers, Josh and John, and our cousin Trevor were kind enough to back me up. I'm pretty sure some of her friends now have their doubts. Mission accomplished.

2 comments: