Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New

It is a new year (just in case you didn't notice already). It also is a new semester, at least for those of us who are unlucky enough to have started school again. This means I am almost required to wax philosophical.

I have good intentions every semester. I start out taking copious notes, doing my homework in advance, and doing the reading for all of my classes. Unfortunately, as the semester progresses, I tend to let these habits slip. This is doubly unfortunate because right now all we're doing is reviewing and I probably don't need to make a special effort at this point.

Last October, I loaned a calculator to a stranger. I never got it back, and I had written it off as a loss and a lesson, as it taught me not to lend things to strangers. I got the calculator back yesterday. Maybe the loanee's new year's resolution was to stop being a kleptomaniac.

I ordered a textbook on Nov. 26. I haven't received it yet, and the seller's ebay profile says they are "on vacation." So much for those good habits I was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment