Friday, January 29, 2010

Morning

I have never been a morning person. After this morning, I am even less so. I knew that all my classes today were canceled (hurray!), so I planned to sleep in and have a leisurely morning today. My favorite way to wake up is without an alarm clock. I like to just wait until the light from the windows and the sleep I've had wake me up naturally. Today was going to be the first time in a long time I would be able to do that. I went to bed with the happy anticipation of a beautiful sleep and a late start in the morning.
Cut to 8:20. (Yes, this may be late to some of you. But it isn't for me.) My phone started ringing, but I thought it was my alarm and just ignored it. Then I heard shouting. "It's leaking! It's leaking! Stop showering! It's leaking!" Apparently our shower floor has a leak, and was leaking on the dining room table below.
This means:
1. My lovely morning was definitely shot.
2. I can't shower at my apartment until they fix our shower floor/dining room ceiling.
3. I hate mornings and my apartment.
I guess I should just be glad that nobody fell through the floor/ceiling onto the dining room table.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should answer your phone next time at 8:20 and then I'd be able to speak with you so you wouldn't need to ignore Jonathan's calls when I wake you up again an hour later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one has fallen through yet you mean.

    ReplyDelete