Sunday, January 15, 2012

Childhood Trauma

I asked my sister Kristina what I should blog about. She suggested either how great she is, or childhood trauma. I have decided to combine both of those and describe how Kristina made my childhood traumatic.

When I was around seven or eight and Kristina was two or three, I loved lying on the floor coloring, reading, writing, or whatever else I did at that age. Kristina loved running around and jumping on things. This combined with unfortunate results for me, as I was her favorite thing to jump on.

So I would just be hunched over on the floor, innocently doing my thing, and Kristina would run around the corner, take a flying leap, and land on my back, knocking the wind out of me. I would scream at her to stop, and my mom would tell me to be nice to her.

To make matters worse, every time I told my friends or cousins about how Kristina routinely abused me, they would say, "But she's just a baby! She doesn't know any better!"

For the record, three-year-olds are not babies. Also I believe I have found a culprit for any back problems I may develop along the line.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Dr. Seuss book. I believe it was Cat in the Hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwahaha! Also, this was like an admittance of how running and jumping on you was great. It was about how your childhood was traumatic, and also how I'm great!

    ReplyDelete